Building engaged school communities
At schoolparents we understand that it's important for schools and families to connect regularly. We also know that it's not always easy.
With this in mind, we've created pages for schools. All pages sit on our secure network that protects the digital footprints of students.
Schoolparents gives all schools (from childcare through to high schools) the ability to create and manage their own page that can be followed by parents. School pages have a STAFF tab allowing parents to easily find their child's teacher, and 'follow' them for classroom news. Schools also have the ability to create GROUPS (e.g. a sporting group or debating group) and have full control over the level of parent interaction they are willing to allow.
Below is an example of how a school page might look.
What are the benefits?
There are many, including:
- news updates, important announcements, messages, reminders and alerts are delivered to parents in real time
- build strong parent communities with two-way communication while maintaining complete control over the interactions taking place
- the ability to upload forms and permission slips for parents to download at home
- save time as messages are sent at the click of a button
- access to a crowd-funding tool for fundraising activities
- the ability to take the school uniform shop on-line
How can my school create a School Page?
In order for a school to participate in the website (i.e. create a profile, post updates to their newsfeed, upload photos to their gallery, advise term dates, etc.) they must first have a ‘school account’.
The only way for this to occur is for the team at schoolparents to create a login for the school. For security reasons and to ensure the authenticity of each school’s page, we will verify the request and respond accordingly. Requests are promtly responded to, within a 24 hour period.
If you are an authorised school representative and would like to create a page for your school, click here
If you are a parent and would like to encourage your school to create a page, click here